Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

Hello Dahlings! I hope everyone is well and that you're enjoying your week thus far.  I'm looking forward to the weekend myself! :)  Today I woke up startled from the most peculiar dream.  It took place in the Renaissance time in an old castle.  My father was frozen and I had to hide him from an enemy attack. There was a map with threads pinned to it connecting different cities. Bizarre.  I went to an online dream interpretation site and supposedly it's symbolic of business plans and ventures. The fact my father was present and frozen meant I should put a halt on  decisions or plans in matters of business.   Not quite sure what all this means but it got me thinking about Coco Chanel.  Her life story is my inspiration.  Everything she built along with her perspective on life and fashion is what continuously moves me forward with building my own business and a life I love.  She found herself and her true calling in her love of simplicity and elegance.  She was strong, feminine and a true leader.  Some people believe to make it in this world you have to have your "lucky break".  I don't believe that for a second.  What you have to have is a vision and believe in it, commit your heart and soul to it, not be afraid of hard work and never under any circumstances second guess yourself or be afraid to take risks.  It's not luck that gets you where you're meant to be.  It's courage, perseverance and an unapologetic sense of self.  In order to shake the dream I had last night and the idea of "freezing" my business plans I'm focusing on Coco's  success and how against all odds she built an empire of fashion and beauty.  Although I do trust in my intuition and my dreams, I also trust in CHANEL.  So, here's to you Coco Chanel, thank you for paving the way for women entrepreneurs everywhere.   






                                                                           
                                                                             

XO~ SJ
                                                                           
     

No comments:

Post a Comment