Sunday, January 13, 2013

BB cream vs. CC cream.

You don't have to go far these days to see a new  add campaigning the newest trend in beauty/skin care, BB creams (Beauty Balm).  These one step wonders are promoted to be an all-in-one facial cosmetic product.  BB creams replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock.  Originating out of Asian culture, this past year they've been all the rage from drugstore brands to high end department stores.  Claiming to treat imperfections while providing coverage.  I personally still felt I needed more coverage or a less slick/oily feeling base.  Although I do love the concept, I just worry about the potency of the active ingredients.  I still kept with my routine of hydrating serum, eye cream and Vit-C moisturizer. 




Just as I'm adjusting to this new BB sensation word on the street is the next new trend is a CC cream.  CC cream or "Color Correcting"  cream is the new all-in-one phenomenon coming our way.  I personally haven't used one as of yet but  from what I'm researching CC creams definitely seem more up my alley as far as texture and consistency.  "Unlike BB creams, CC creams have a lighter texture," says Rachel Kum, co-founder of Rachel K Cosmetics in Hong Kong. "This results in a formula that's extremely easy to blend."   CC creams are more focused on coverage, I'm definitely am excited about this!  The lighter less oily texture is perfect to wear under a light dusting of mineral powder.  I still have my doubts on the potency of the "corrective" ingredients so I probably still won't be giving up my active result oriented serums and eye creams.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these CC creams.  My only hope is that they truly are a bit less oily feeling than the BB. I do love the dewy and hydrated look of a BB, just pretty sure I'll appreciate lighter textured, more color options and blend ability of the CC.    

XO~SJ


No comments:

Post a Comment