Saturday, February 23, 2013

Colors in motion: LANA GOMEZ

  Lana Gomez is one of  my FAVORITE artists!  I have a deep love for Abstract work.  I love the ability it has to make me feel happy, sad, relaxed, nostalgic and how it somehow always boosts my own creativity.  All of these emotions are pulled out of me simply by the colors, lines and shapes of the piece.  Without a definite object my mind has the freedom to explore.  This makes every piece personal.  It's the story behind the story.  I believe Abstract art can help uncover deep rooted thoughts and emotions that one didn't even know were brewing just underneath the surface.  It's a magical feeling to get swept away by a cerulean blue or magenta with splashes of burnt orange and teal.  The mix and directional strokes of these colors may calm your nerves and make the world seem like a more rounded place or you may simply be reminded that every little thing is gonna be alright! :)  Either way art is a powerful thing!  Which brings me back to Miss Lana Gomez.  Lana is an artist who studied art at the University of Tennessee and then moved to Los Angeles to pursue her career.   I love the intensity of her pieces.  I put together some of my favorites for you to enjoy!  To see more of her stunning work please visit www.lanagomez.com

LANA GOMEZ

I believe everyone possesses a creative flow that allows them to communicate in their own unique way; painting is how I express this notion. When I paint, I allow spontaneity to drive my creative process. My work reflects the lens through which I see the world – whether in color, shape or form. Each of my paintings pays homage to a remarkable nostalgic moment in my own life. It is my intention that when others experience my work, they will reflect on these types of moments in their lives while connecting to and feeling inspired by my own. -Lana Gomez



Bubble Bobble watercolor


Deer Hill  Acrylic, mixed media


Passion  watercolor


Are Unicorns Real?  Acrylic, mixed media


Hopefully you take some time and let yourselves get lost inside these beautiful works of art.  You never know what you might discover.

XO~ SJ




1 comment:

  1. Please check out my artwork on Instagram @abstractsbydani

    ReplyDelete